Yes, even your kids will eat this quick and easy side dish. The First secret to this dish is, don’t put too much thought into it. Cook it up, dish it up and pack it up for leftovers. It’s made ‘quick and simple’ by the genius creation of pre washed, organic green beans.
1 pkg of the pre washed, organic green beans (prep time: 15 seconds. cut open the bag)
4-6 cloves of garlic finely chopped. Don’t get fancy about it, rock that knife and chop away… pull your thumb under so it doesn’t entice your knife.
Heat 2 tbls EVOO and add ALL the garlic and Himalayan salt on Medium heat. Let cook for two minutes or until you can smell the garlic but DON’T let the garlic get too brown or it will end up burning and you will have bitter Green Beans that your kids nor your dog will eat.
Add your Green Beans and let cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add just a touch of water and do NOT cover. This is the second key. The small amount of water will reduce and create a sauce like consistency. My kiddos like their green beans less snappy than I so I advise to cook them (beans, not the kids) to a texture that is appealing to your entire family.
Come join me and other Fitzees on Facebook and Twitter. Comments are welcome! Oh yea, and YOU ROCK!
Charles Eugster may be 93, but he has no less spring in his step than he did as a young man. In this talk from TEDxZurich, he brings us a powerful statistic: 92% of Americans over the age of 65 have one or more chronic diseases. While many clearly cannot be avoided, Eugster points out that inactivity is to blame for many of the diseases those who have lived long lives endure.
Many people think that exercises that strengthen your wrists are for body builders or people that lift heavy. While this is true, EVERYBODY will benefit from stronger wrists. The stronger your wrists are, the longer you will be able to hold a plank, a yoga pose or even Pilates moves. You will be more likely to intensify the plank by adding movement and creating seamless transitions from one plank to another.
It’s a damn shame for you to have to come out of a plank you can hold for longer or even intensify if your wrists could handle it. Not on my clock, My Fitzees! I’ve brought up this topic because after a workout, tired wrists are frequent complaints of people everywhere. Those that are experienced Fitzees and those that are just beginning their exercise journey!
The solution is very simple and quick. Here is what I want you to do….
AFTER your workout grab a two heavy weights. Walk around the room with the weights simply hanging at your side. Let your wrists naturally move with the flow of your walk.
Continue this for as long as you can stand it. If you can go longer than a minute, you need to try a heavier weight.
Repeat 2 times.
The End. Your done so now, check out your Vasodialation in your arms! Ba-Boom!!!
see you on FB! www.facebook.com/yourfitnessgirl ———————————>>
So, as Sunday, February 3rd approaches, you are dreading all the temptations that will be in front of you lurking at every table. You are already hearing the voice in your head, "it's okay to cheat one day... It's the Super Bowl!" You might even be fighting with yourself because you know that one day of temptation and failure could spiral out of control and leave you with a defeated attitude and of course, you don't want this but you know that it may very well happen.
So, as Sunday, February 3rd approaches, you are dreading all the temptations that will be in front of you lurking at every table. You are already hearing the voice in your head, “it’s okay to cheat one day… It’s the Super Bowl!” You might even be fighting with yourself because you know that one day of temptation and failure could spiral out of control and leave you with a defeated attitude and of course, you don’t want this but you know that it may very well happen. Am I right? Take a deep breath, and don’t freak out, I have your solution!
Here is the plan. I am going to create for you, a Super Bowl menu that your husband and guests won’t even know is healthy. On top of that, it will be portable so, if you are not hosting you can simply take it with you as a special treat for the host of the party. All I ask from you is that you ‘like’ my business Facebook page and I will PERSONALLY email you my Fun and Healthy Super menu.
First, my four tips for successfully making it through Super Bowl Sunday….
1. write this on a piece of paper and put in your pocket…. ‘The average person will burn between 80 to 140 calories per mile walked’ on the back of the paper write, ‘There are 300-600 calories in 5 Buffalo Wings’ This is NOT worth it!
2. Stay away from alcoholic beverages. Does this sound like a big joke to you? Then do this one tip and it will cut back on your calories and sugars… *drink 16 ounces of water (regular, flavored (no sugar) or sparkling water) between each glass of beer/wine/liquor.
3. Don’t be afraid to say “no, thank you.” You don’t need to give your host an excuse. You simply say, “no, but thank you.” and then change the subject. OR, Flat out tell people, ” I’m committed to my resolution.” when people hear that, they hone in on your emotion words, ‘commit and resolution’ and people respect that. You might even strike up a New Year’s Resolution conversation and inspire them to keep on track! Did you know it’s that easy to help people with out them even know you are helping them. Our dedication and words have so much power.
4. Stuff your face with veggies and fruits. All at one time… well one sitting, maybe even before the party starts. The fiber will keep you feeling fuller for longer and more satisfied!
What’s next??? Get Your Party Menu!
- like my blog because you think I’m cool and have great ideas
- Share this blog on with your friends and social media sites so they have the opportunity to receive the free menu and tips to stay on track
- ‘like’ my Facebook page.. www.facebook.com/yourfitnessgirl
- Once you ‘like’ the page, simply message me your email and BOOM! a fantastic and sneaky healthy Super Bowl Menu