I created a strength building class format for 55 – 99 yr old Fitzees 3 years ago. Today, my classes are packed! I believe in the human mind and body! We are more capable than we think and my students at ANY age, LOVE to be pushed a little! This blog is so encouraging! Ejnoy…
Ms. Ernestine…. 74 years Old!
Charles Eugster may be 93, but he has no less spring in his step than he did as a young man. In this talk from TEDxZurich, he brings us a powerful statistic: 92% of Americans over the age of 65 have one or more chronic diseases. While many clearly cannot be avoided, Eugster points out that inactivity is to blame for many of the diseases those who have lived long lives endure.
During the golden years, people retire and tend to slow down — and yet there is a connection between work and one’s physical and mental health. But life doesn’t need to finish after retirement, which Eugster calls “voluntary or involuntary unemployment for up to 30 years.” That’s why Eugster has taken up rowing. And weightlifting. Watch this TEDxTalk about the factors for successful aging from a formidable speaker, who urges us to “break off the shackles of convention!”
So, as Sunday, February 3rd approaches, you are dreading all the temptations that will be in front of you lurking at every table. You are already hearing the voice in your head, “it’s okay to cheat one day… It’s the Super Bowl!” You might even be fighting with yourself because you know that one day of temptation and failure could spiral out of control and leave you with a defeated attitude and of course, you don’t want this but you know that it may very well happen. Am I right? Take a deep breath, and don’t freak out, I have your solution!
Here is the plan. I am going to create for you, a Super Bowl menu that your husband and guests won’t even know is healthy. On top of that, it will be portable so, if you are not hosting you can simply take it with you as a special treat for the host of the party. All I ask from you is that you ‘like’ my business Facebook page and I will PERSONALLY email you my Fun and Healthy Super menu.
First, my four tips for successfully making it through Super Bowl Sunday….
1. write this on a piece of paper and put in your pocket…. ‘The average person will burn between 80 to 140 calories per mile walked’ on the back of the paper write, ‘There are 300-600 calories in 5 Buffalo Wings’ This is NOT worth it!
2. Stay away from alcoholic beverages. Does this sound like a big joke to you? Then do this one tip and it will cut back on your calories and sugars… *drink 16 ounces of water (regular, flavored (no sugar) or sparkling water) between each glass of beer/wine/liquor.
3. Don’t be afraid to say “no, thank you.” You don’t need to give your host an excuse. You simply say, “no, but thank you.” and then change the subject. OR, Flat out tell people, ” I’m committed to my resolution.” when people hear that, they hone in on your emotion words, ‘commit and resolution’ and people respect that. You might even strike up a New Year’s Resolution conversation and inspire them to keep on track! Did you know it’s that easy to help people with out them even know you are helping them. Our dedication and words have so much power.
4. Stuff your face with veggies and fruits. All at one time… well one sitting, maybe even before the party starts. The fiber will keep you feeling fuller for longer and more satisfied!
What’s next??? Get Your Party Menu!
- like my blog because you think I’m cool and have great ideas
- Share this blog on with your friends and social media sites so they have the opportunity to receive the free menu and tips to stay on track
- ‘like’ my Facebook page.. www.facebook.com/yourfitnessgirl
- Once you ‘like’ the page, simply message me your email and BOOM! a fantastic and sneaky healthy Super Bowl Menu
It’s easy to remember and you can do it anywhere! Even in public if you so choose.
10 sumo or traditional burpies every minute for 10 minutes. That’s it. Give it a go and tell me what you think!
Keep in mind, this workout is not for everybody and CAN be modified, just ‘like’ me on Facebook or comment below!
Be sure and subscribe so you will get automatic emails when I publish workouts like this!
This idea is a variation of a workout given to me by my Brother in Law, Brent. TY Brent!
It just hit me like a ton of weight plates!! I’m am really ready to grow my business not just ‘say’ that I want to grow it. This is exciting. I’m making changes to get me where I vision myself being in 5 years.
My Vision: “I see myself changing people’s perception of a healthy life and leading them to a happier life through my writing and public speaking”
Want to take my journey with me? GROW with me!!
Those that have Celiac Disease know that exercising is sometimes uncomfortable especially in times of Gluten ingestion. But, did you know that you must exercise if you have Celiac Disease and there is a right and wrong way to do it. You also need to be aware of certain modifications you should make.
I’m not gonna lie, as a Fitness professional with Celiac Disease there are times when I accidentally eat gluten and the last thing I want to do is get out of my bed much less exercise! That is why I keep my muscles and bones strong through exercise and proper nutrition all the time especially when I’m not under attack by gluten.
- You might get Fat when you go gluten free!! Let’s assume that you are also eliminating gluten in your every day food and drink intake and you are feeling much better. A big reason why you are feeling better is because your body is now absorbing nutrients and calories that it did not when you were eating Gluten. So now CAUTION, your body will also start to put on weight because of this reason! Calories are being utilized, hurray…..but the weight loss stops because now, your calories are being absorbed!
- A lot of the processed Gluten free foods have other additives to take the place of gluten such as sugars and salts which adds calories on top of the better absorption of the calories that you are now consuming. Sugars are stored as fat when not utilized by your body and salt creates water retention. Oh snap!!
- Exercise will help get you into that healthy mindset. Exercise will put you in a better mood which will help you make better decisions in life and in food choices! Maybe you will reach for the apple for snack instead of the GF pretzels.
- Let’s not forget about the possible years of undiagnosed Celiac Disease and the years of malnutrition! Since your body was not absorbing food properly, your new diet allows your body to repair and rebuild. Exercise will help your skeletal and muscular system repair more quickly making you stronger and less likely to get other illnesses that come along with malnutrition.
Exercise Info and Tips For Celiacs
- Let’s define exercise: Any bodily activity that enhances or maintains physical fitness. Let’s say you are sedentary and you do not do a lick of exercise. You may find that even working in the garden or walking down the street enhances your physical fitness. Everybody’s exercise medium and intensity is different so I’m not saying you need to get up and go for a 30 minute run! This leads into my next point…
- Do what you like! If you don’t like the activity you are doing, you will be less likely to do it well and do it the next day and the next etc….
- A major problem!!! Be AWARE, if you have had years of undiagnosed Celiac (or miss diagnosed more likely the situation!) then osteoporosis is a major concern. This is a condition where your bones become brittle (less dense) and can easily break. If you have Osteoporosis, start with activity that is non impact such as biking and swimming. Slowly move into activities with more impact. These higher impact activities will greatly aid in repairing and/or preventing Osteoporosis!
Here is your prescription: Along with a clean diet of unprocessed foods, exercise 30 minutes a day 5-7 days a week. Take everything above into consideration when creating your plan for a more active life. As always, you are welcome to contact me via email or Facebook and I would love to help you!
We all have our ‘woe is me’ moments with Celiac Disease because it is so hard to avoid gluten these days but think of this disease as an opportunity. An opportunity for you to be healthy. Now, eating better is not something you should try, it’s something you HAVE to do or else you will get sick. Exercising is a MUST for repairing your body and living a healthy life with this disease.
With Celiac Disease proper foods and exercise is no longer a luxury, it’s a necessity. You have to do it so seize the opportunity to be in the best shape of your life!
Please follow my blog for automatic updates and new info on Celiac Disease, nutrition and fitness. Also, check out my Gluten Free Chicken and Dumpling recipe! It’s amazing!!!
Since my decision to direct more discipline into my work life, I’ve succeeded! For one week. Okay, so Labor day doesn’t count because it’s a day where everyone is supposed to not labor that is exactly what I did. However being lazy is very exhausting! I was more tired after my day of swimming and watching TV than a work day!
Now, after my week of success in changes 1-3 (see first discipline post), I have made the decision to add #4 into the mix. I am not going to drink for a while. It will be interesting to see how much weight I will lose….if any. I fear of being that girl that makes you feel uncomfortable in a social situation because I’m not drinking but gotta do what I gotta do.
The most important part about discipline is making the decision. If you make the decision for the right reasons, you will find ways to succeed! You will not allow excuses to get in your way. Voice your decision to your friends and family so they understand why you are doing this. Your counter part of a truly meaningful relationship will also hold you accountable and won’t tempt you with excuses that tear you away from your decision.
I’m in no way an expert in implementing discipline into your life but I do have discipline in many aspects of my life and I guide clients, readers and friends in reaching goals every day so I can tell you this with absolute truth…
The First and most important step to a change in your life is to make the decision to create a change. Be titanium. Nothing can stop you but YOU. You may get knocked down a few times but the reason for your change still resides in your heart and that will pick you back up and allow you the results you are after. What change are you ready to make? I mean, REALLY ready to make.
Please subscribe, find me on FB and Twitter!